Maintains and enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. This position requires the utmost confidentiality as well as attention to detail, the ability to work under tight deadlines and multi-task.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in managing benefits programs to include monitoring employee eligibility for benefits plans, reviewing benefits with employees and facilitating enrollments/changes. Organizes and manages annual open enrollment communications and election process. Verifies benefit billing accuracy and processes for payment.
• Oversees and manages leave administration process to include leaves of absence, FMLA, Workers Comp, Disability Benefits and NYS PFL.
• Oversees performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within organization.
• Oversees the analysis, maintenance, communication and reporting of records required by law and/or to meet client requirements. Oversees and assists HR Administrator with payroll process as needed.
• Develops, recommends, and assists with implementation of policies and procedures; Educate and assist management staff on proper documentation and implementation of disciplinary actions, dispute resolution, regulatory compliance, and litigation avoidance for personnel issues.
• Provide support to employees in various HR related topics such as clarification of policies and resolves issues and problems.
• Conducts confidential investigations, thorough documentation of investigations, and determine legally sound disciplinary decisions when applicable.
• Investigate and respond to inquiries received from State and Federal Labor Agencies.
• Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Evaluate internal processes and develop new approaches when applicable to improve efficiency of the department and services performed
• Maintain compliance and understanding of company policies and procedures, client standards and all applicable State and Federal regulatory and employment law.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• College degree or equivalent experience, HR certification a plus
• Four or more years progressive human resources experience
• Knowledge of State and Federal labor and employment law
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Outlook (especially Word, Excel), payroll and time keeping systems (ADP and Attendance Enterprise a plus)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• An acute attention to detail is required, along with excellent organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and adhere to tight deadlines
• Proven ability to work independently, think critically and adapt to change.
• Must demonstrate a high level of confidentiality.